Brown Marmorated Stink Bug 2018/19 Risk Season Update
NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS
DAWR Draft Seasonal Measures for Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (BMSB)
Dear valued customer,
Hunter Cargo & Customs would like to inform you that as of 25th July, the draft measures remain as per below; - heightened surveillance on all roll-on/roll-off (ro-ro) and general cargo vessels.
Target risk countries
- United States of America
- Japan (heightened vessel surveillance will be the only measure applied).
Target high risk goods
- break bulk, including vehicles, machinery, equipment and parts
- bricks, tiles, ceramics, steel, stone and cement
- goods likely to be stored in a manner that provides access for BMSB to overwinter.
Target risk goods
- chemicals, chemical products, salt, minerals, fertilisers
- plastics, wadding, tyres
- wood pulp, printed matter, straw, paper, cardboard.
It is the responsibility of the cargo owners/shippers to ensure cargo is treated prior to delivery to ports of loading within target risk countries. HCC will not accept cargo for loading that is not accompanied by a treatment certificate (to be provided at time of booking) from an approved provider, ensuring that treatment has been completed within the required treatment window.
For further information on the draft measures, please visit the DAWR webpage here.
Please refer here for further information.